Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Life

I have compartmentalized my life like Clinton.



I have the teacher part, the mom part, the student part, the daughter part and a couple more parts that have no names. Hmm.... Is this how people develop multiple personalities?



Anyway, the daughter part is overwhelming right now. My dad with multiple myeloma is in the hospital with fluid on his lungs. My mom with MS says she's fine and then asks where has my dad been. When did I get this old? What is the average age that people have to start taking care of their aging parents? I still have a baby in diapers! I guess it's my own fault for waiting to have children until I had a house, a job and a savings account. What kind of fool am I?

AAAhhhhhhhh!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice entry Heidi. I hope all goes well. I will keep good thoughts.

You are the next Hillary. No you are MUCH better! Go Heidi. You look just like Heidi Klum, are you twins? :)

Mel Harley said...

I wish I had good things to say hear. I'm sorry, dear one. Thinking good things for you. Just keep swimming.

Karen Hatzigeorgiou said...

I know how tough it is to deal with an ailing parent. My mom died from alzheimer's two years ago and dealing with her illness was so draining. You can see a movie I made about my experience at my blog at Artful Journey. Hang in there. And make sure you take time for yourself when things get overwhelming.

Carolyn Fields said...

My aunt told me that what you are describing actually has a name. You are not alone. Busty says you are part of the "Sandwich Generation". Sandwiched between taking care of your parents and taking care of your own children. Of course, that doesn't take into account taking care of yourself. So, let's get together ASAP to do that part and let's include some liquor.

Roger said...

MrsPage,
As someone who lost my dad last year to pancreatic acnacerand nursed my mom immediately after that throu total knee replacement, I guess the age is now for us to step up and take care of the parents. Hang in there, perpective comes along.

Shelly said...

Sorry to hear about your dad Heidi. My dad died last Christmas and I spent 6 months taking care of my mom...hang in there! They say it gets easier. Good thoughts are going to you!

Anonymous said...

ok...weren't you trying to encourage me to scrapbook to destress???? My week seems trivial now compared to yours...so my goal is to stay positive like you...because I noticed even tonight when you were down, you still found laughter in your heart...and that makes me want to know you better!