Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mad Science


Nolan had a Mad Science birthday party which is amazing, if you aren't familiar. So much fun!(http://www.madscience.com/)
We got to explode stuff, play with dry ice, and make slime; a five year old's dream!


I got a new overhead this week. Amazing what a difference it makes. The old one melted inside. It was there when I started in 1996 so who knows how old it was. I kept the melted part with which to make an art installation. The most unbelievable part - by far - was that fact that it only took 3 phone calls! I am definitely kissing the correct butts!

There is student teacher who joins our little lunch group. We have begun making a list of things she should know to be successful at our work site:

1) horde supplies
2) it if has no one's name on it, take it
3) if you get a good overhead, never let it go

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I am so thankful for my friends, my sublime husband, and all the blessings in my life. I think I must have done something very good in my past life.















4 comments:

Sarah said...

I would have loved being a part of Nolan's bday party. I love playing with all that science stuff, and blowing things. I was always a fan of science as a kid.
So far great advice. I enjoy collecting information that is left at the copy machines and there are no names on the papers!
Happy Belated Birthday Nolan!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome party idea! I agree with Sarah. I would have loved it too particularly the blowing UP of things. (Giggle, giggle).
I wish I had a new overhead... mine is circa 1973 and melted a bulb, started on fire, and is still in use in my classroom. I must not know the right people...

Steve said...

New overhead. Where's the LCD?

Karen Hatzigeorgiou said...

Hi Heidi,
Reading about your birthday parties and Halloween carving adventures makes me so nostalgic for the days when my boys were Nolan's age. I always tried to appreciate those years when the boys were younger, but looking back, I realize how much I was stretched into so many directions as a mom. I know it's a cliche, and you've probably heard it a thousand times, and it's definitely not easy, but just keep having fun with your little ones and treasure all those moments. You'll never regret it!
love you,
~Karen