Thursday, November 13, 2008

Eelction in the Eyes of a Five Year Old and other Points to Ponder

My five year old wanted to understand why it was so amazing that Barackobamo (as he calls him) was elected president. This was tricky to explain. After we carefully tried to explain he would be the first black president, he was still confused. He looked on TV which happened to be showing a split screen ofboth cadidates. "They are both black," he said. My husband and I exchanged confused looks. "What?" we asked him. "They are both wearing black outfits." They were.

MaryJane can wave and say, "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii," when you walk in room. Nothing better. Right up there a dog welcoming you home from vacation or getting Starbucks from a kid for no reason.


Everyone in my house got the flu last week. We fell like dominoes. I feel like I was hit by a truck, driving through my house, fully loaded with dirty laundry, during a huricane. We are still trying to recover. I may never be caught up on laundry again. But my duaghter can say hi.

3 comments:

Roger said...

I want a Jumperoo!

Anonymous said...

"Hilarious...kids are,"says Yoda. My kids kept asking everyone who they voted for and id they didn't have what he thought was the right answer he questioned them profusely. We had to have a little chat about respecting other's opinions....we have a lot of indoctrination going on at home, as you may have guessed. He will be a republican to spite us as an adult!

Wendy said...

I am just catching up with my followers blog postings. I loved your 5-year old son's comment about the candidates...too cute!