Sunday, January 25, 2009

The "I HATE JANUARY" Edition



I freaking hate January! I thought since my little girl was born last Jan. I would come to like it better, but no! I hate the gray weather. I hate the let down from the holidays. They moved the superbowl to February. This year, I had the masters thesis chapter 1 hanging over my head most the month to dampen the only fun thing: MJ's pink poodle birthday party. (Please note pink high top Chucks in the pic to the left.)

I get the blues in January. The kids (students and those living in my house) get cabin fever goofy. My loyal old dog suffers arthritis in the cold, so we leave him in often and clean up his old age accidents. I find January to be the worst month of the year. I bet more people die in Jan. than any other month. We teachers are so broke (see Leiser's blog) we are taking the dimes in the couch to coinstar so we can have a fancy dinner out at Sac's Hotdogs. And it gets dark at like 4 pm. Why don't more people feel this way? I'd like to plan a revolt! Inaugurate the new president Jan. 2, then have MLK day and move on to Valentine's Day. Really! Is there some reason January can't be the 28 day month? One year, FDR moved Tahnksgiving to improve the economy. Isn't this the same thing?

All those in favor of some kind of January boycott please sing up with your comments. Next year, we can change this. It can be a grass roots thing like nominating Sarah Palin VP. OK, so that's a bad example, but join me! The anti-January movement begins now!

3 comments:

Steve said...

I love the family-centric approach you take to your blogs. I hope you have family in far away places that come to visit your blogs. It's nice that you include photos with most of your postings.

Steve said...

I hate January too. My birthday is in January. They say kids who have winter birthdays are often more introverted and introspective than summer babies because no one comes to their birthday parties. Hmmm. Let me get introspective about that.

Carolyn Fields said...

Sign me up for the I Hate January Club. Not because I actually hate it, but because it's important to you and I support my friends. Maybe Karen can get the website up and running. Sarah Palin just started SarahPAC to launch her presidential bid in 2012. We should start JunkJanuaryPAC. Oooh, look at that. I just crafted our first slogan!